In this modern era, there are many learning activities suitable for our children. However, sometimes these activities can be harmful too because most of them are in http://184.108.40.206 digital form. As a parent, we must keep our eyes on them all of the time. Well, today’s article is not about this, though. We are here to discuss something general. Well, you can say it is just a definition and types. Before we educate our children, we should educate ourselves first. That sounds nice, right? It is information that we should know in the first place. So, because of that, in this article, we will talk about the definition of learning and activities for kids. It will include the types as well.
Learning needs activity. Because without activities, the learning process will not go very well. During the process of learning activities, we should involve every aspect of our children, both physical and spiritual. This will make their behavior or habit change faster, easier, precise, and correct. Whatever it is in the aspect of cognitive-affective or psychomotor.
This is what we need when we are here to educate our children. It is not just limited to the parents, but it can be used by teachers in kindergarten or schools too. Even a university student finds it fun when they learn in that way.
Learning and activities for kids are an activity that is physical and mental. During the process, both physical and mental must relate to each other. If a child thinks without doing anything, it means the child is not thinking.
There are many learning activities that are able to give our children an added value. Such as:
- Children have an awareness to learn as a form of internal motivation to learn as they must independently.
- Children seek to experience and experience it by themselves, it will give them an effect that builds integral personalities.
- Children learn based on what they are interested in and what they are capable of.
- The learning process runs concretely, and it will grow the children’s understanding and critical thinking. This will avoid verbalism too.
- To grow a cooperative attitude among the children in a house or school that is capable of making the environment live. This will be harmonious in the life of society around it.
Types of learning activities
According to Paul B. Diedrich, types of learning activities are divided into eight sections.
- Visual activities. Such as reading, looking at pictures, observing, demonstrating, and exhibition.
- Oral activities. Such as discussing a topic, asking a question, giving advice, and opinion.
- Listening activities. Such as listening to radios and listening to a conversation.
- Writing activities. Such as writing stories and opinion essays.
- Drawing activities. Such as drawing, making a chart, diagram, map, and pattern.
- Motor activities. Such as doing an experiment, dancing, and farming.
- Mental activities. Such as remembering, analyzing, and making decisions.
- Emotional activities. Such as interest, braveness, and calmness.